The Philosophy of Chiropractic
Chiropractic is one of the most misunderstood health professions. Even many of the practice members I see that have seen other chiropractors are totally unaware of the philosophy and principles of chiropractic.
If chiropractic was just about pushing on the spine making cracking sounds than there would soon be no profession left. I could teach a monkey to push on a spine and make it crack!
Understanding the philosophy of chiropractic is critical to obtaining the most out of care. There where 33 principle’s of chiropractic created back in 1929. If you want to see the full list click here.
Here are some of the major chiropractic principle to know:
1. The Major Premise – A Universal Intelligence is in all matter and continually gives to it all its properties and actions, thus maintaining it in existence.
2. The Chiropractic Meaning of Life – The expression of this intelligence through matter is the Chiropractic meaning of life.
3. The Union of Intelligence and Matter – Life is necessarily the union of intelligence and matter.
4. The Triune of Life – Life is a triunity having three necessary united factors, namely: Intelligence, Force, and Matter.
5. The Perfection of the Triune – In order to have 100% Life, there must be 100% Intelligence, 100% Force, 100% Matter.
20. Innate Intelligence – A “living thing” has an inborn intelligence within its body, called Innate Intelligence.
30. The Causes of Dis-ease – Interference with the transmission of Innate forces causes incoordination or dis-ease.
In summary, we are self-healing a self-regulating. As long as we have no interference to our nervous system (innate intelligence) we express health, every time. Never limit the healing capability of the body.
Dr. Andrew Timbs, Upper Cervical Chiropractor of Purity Chiropractic located at Peregian Beach and Fernvale is dedicated to having a community that is subluxation free so everyone can express their full human potential.